I’m going to use this McCalls pattern M5633 as the foundation pattern for my cargo pants.
This design has a flat front, one dart in the back, slant front pockets, faced waist finish, zipper fly with extension, large size cargo pockets with flaps and tabs to roll up the cuffs. It’s a fairly straightforward and relatively simplistic pant design. The waist facing is nearly the same as the Burda Shorts I made earlier this summer for Ale.
For the fabric, I have several to choose from. I have a corduroy, a few non-stretch twills and I just found this last one at Hancock which is a stretch cotton twill…and look…it’s in a dark olive green color!!!!
I also found some buttons that I thought might pretty the design up a bit and add a touch of femininity. There were only three cards on the peg so I bought them all! I shouldn’t need any more than these six! Alright, that is about all I have for now.
My plan is to make up a muslin first and then start adding in some fun design changes!
Next up…my pattern alterations!
You must be logged in to post a comment.