I attached my new pintuck foot, the 46c (wide), cut my 1 inch strips and two strands of the No. 5 Perle Cotton, set up the thread with the invisible thread and started to stitch.
I decided to use the leftover fabric from the edges around my quilt backing. Turned out, I don’t have any fabric with enough length to give me a long piece without having to miter two pieces together and I thought this red will read as a solid for the piping would be the best choice.
Here’s a better picture of one of these strips finishing up. I know I’m going slow but I want to make sure I’m doing this process right. Since this is the first time doing the Ricky Tims binding…and the first time binding such a big quilt I DON”T want to make a mistake!
I should hopefully have this finished soon as I’ll have several days off due to that darned surgery I’m scheduled for this Tuesday!
After the piping step I chose to use this neutral for the binding. Once again it will have to be pieced so here is a peak …Appropro for the Christmassy theme.
Till the next step!
- Geeze, Prepping for The RTB is a Lot of Work! (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- I think I found what I was looking for! – The Ricky Tims Binding (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- Quilting The Carolina Christmas – The Spiral Border! (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
1 thought on “The Ricky Tim’s Binding – Practicing My Piping!”
Comments are closed.