Hi Friends, me again…
So picking up where I left off yesterday I’m now ready to install the zipper in the Lower Front.
The first thing I need to do is mark with chalk the location of the zipper on the right side of the Lower Front fleece. I just drew a line from the top to the bottom, not worrying about the length, as that part will be determined from the markings on the facing. 🙂 All I’m interested in here is that pocket angle.
Next, I position the Zipper Facing right sides together, pin and stitch along the guidelines I had previously marked. In this instance it is the lines that are 1/8” away on either side of center…
This is what it looks like on the Back.
Then I cut down the center and into the corners at the bottom along the cutting lines… I turn the facing to the back, steam press (I don’t press too hard because I don’t want to smash the fleece, nor melt it!) and then pin in place the zipper!
I hand baste the zipper in place… And then topstitch the zipper permanently in place… Ta Da! The right side is now complete, I do the same to the left side…
Next up…the Front Chest pockets!
- The JamCat Fleece Project – Installing the Lower Front Zipper (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- The JamCat Fleece Project – Drafting the New Lower Front with Zippered Pockets (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- The JamCat Fleece Project – Lining the Lower Fronts (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- The JamCat Fleece Project – Sourcing Supplies and Stealth Reconnaissance Missions (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- The Next Project – The JamCat (North Face Denali Interpretation) Fleece Jacket (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)