Here is tester block No. 2 for ‘Back to Square One’. I’m much more pleased with this version but I still had difficulty getting to be EXACTLY sqaure. I think I was taking too much of a ‘Bite’ when sewing the paper piecing…
I made a conscience effort to remember to make all the center flying geese the same. I like the way it came out. I also streamlined how I made the string blocks — I used paper (blech) but it worked. This block takes a good hour to sew but it’s easy mindless sewing and gets rid of all those odds and ends.
Here is a peak at what my design idea is going for. A simple 2 block number…
I’m planning 17 of each block (I already have about 40 of the Arrowheads) so now it is just a matter of getting the ‘Back to Square One’ blocks fine tuned and made.
Happy Easter everyone!
More to come…
Oh…we had some water heater and flue pipe issues yesterday….
We’ve had the flue pipe issue for a while now and decided to replace the water heater at the same time.
Jim has been antsy about the age of our water heater…
…practically a baby if you ask me but 20 years is about the max so we ordered a new one. However, our work crew wasn’t able to install the new one because of the lack of space in the location. Gee, imagine that! They worked up all kinds of plans to make it work but at the end of the day we opted to get an entirely different system….
To be installed on Monday….
Oh the rehab blues!!!
More to come!
You must be logged in to post a comment.