For the next few weeks I’m going to be working on updating my Fashion Sewing Reference File. This is #2 on my ‘To Do’ list and it’s been a long time coming. I thought it might be fun to run a series of posts to show you all how I’m going to be building my file. But first, let me start by giving you what I feel are the goals of this project. Here is what I’d like to accomplish:
The Goals of a Fashion Sewing Reference File are:
- To have a place to hold inspirational design ideas such as photos, drawings, write-ups and clippings.
- To have a place to quickly reference my personal pattern inventory.
- To have a place to quickly reference my fabric inventory.
- To have a place to keep photos of my completed work.
- To have a place to keep my measurements and fitting instructions.
So that’s it. I’ll keep it to 5 items for now since those were the big ones. I’m sure once I get started there will be something I totally forgot about and I’ll need to add. In the mean time, I’m going to do a little shopping and get a really big binder to start holding all this stuff!
You must be logged in to post a comment.