Hi Friends! Well this new venture has really been a learning curve for me. I just finished my year end bookkeeping and I'm happy to say I'm ready to take on this new year! I've decided to focus my efforts on an Etsy shop. I had originally opened a stand alone e-commerce website but after… Continue reading Getting the Shop In Order!
Wow! I really love my new crutch bag!She's all finished and currently ready to go to work for me! The last step in the process of making this bag was to attach the bias binding around the raw seam edges. I added a little loop and button to the top of the bag as well. … Continue reading The Crutch Bag Project – The Edge Binding and Reveal!
Now all I need to do is attach the straps to the bag! This next decision was one I mulled over a while. Since I'm going to put the straps into the seam and then bind the edges with bias tape (oh...forgot to tell you that I made that decision) I want to trim down… Continue reading The Crutch Bag Project – Attaching The Straps
Next up on this project are the straps. Just how am I going to strap this bag to the crutch? I played around with a few ideas, pinning, re-locating, velcro-ing and even sewed a version for the bottom/side stabilizer strap below...That was test one. I had only sewed it in the middle and not only… Continue reading The Crutch Bag Project – Fabricating The Straps
Before I sew up the other side panel I was thinking about adding an outside pocket. I don't want to think too much here, just add on a quickie patch pocket to see how it will work. First I make a pattern and add on 1/2" seam allowance. Then I fussy cut out a little… Continue reading The Crutch Bag Project – Adding An Outside Pocket
I left off yesterday with the side panel pattern made and selecting a coordinate fabric. Next, I layer up another quilt sandwich just like I did for the Front and Back.Pin the sandwich in place and then free motion quilt it together.This quilting thing is getting easier! Next, I cut out the two side panel… Continue reading The Crutch Bag Project – Sewing Up the Side Panels