Today I am spending some time wrapping gifts at the Barnes & Nobles book store to help raise money for my all-time favorite charity (Canine Companions for Independence). My goal today is $200, so hopefully the store will be loaded with shoppers and my wrapping skills will beg to be tipped graciously! Ha!
Anyhoosy, I thought I would take time to post a little re-cap of the year’s projects. I’ve never had occasion to do one of these posts in the past but thought since other sewing bloggers do this (and I kinda like looking at theirs) it might be fun to do one myself.
You know, the thing about blogging, what I like most about doing this is it’s like a little diary. I can keep track of the things I did, the things I made, what worked, what didn’t and so forth and it’s all right there in one place. I can go back to it at any time and really from just about anywhere!
So here goes…
1. Car Organizer, from crumb blocks:2. Re-decorated the Guest Bedroom…3. Braided T-Shirt Rug #1 – sewn by hand4. The Tomato Pin-Cushion:5. Slipcover project…6. The Crutch Bag…6. T-Shirt Rug #2 – Sewn by machine7. The Little Wheels Quilt8. Terry Lounging Tunic – Butterick 55249. Pattern of the year Butterick 5495
Projects In Work:
1. Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll Mystery Quilt – quiltville.com2. 16 Patch Double Pinwheel 3. The Ricky Tims binding on my Carolina Christmas ….wow…can I get this finished already! 4. The Slipcover for the couch…I can almost get on my knees in order to do this! Yeah! Yippers…so hopefully this will be a finish for early 2012! 5. And, tho…not a sewing project but the ultimate work in progress, Mr. Einstein. Now in Ohio at Advance training…
Wow! That was a pretty cool exercise. I guess I really did do quit a bit this year. I’m sure it could have been more had I not taken a spill in softball June 12th.
Talk to you all soon…
- Butterick B5495 View D – Testing, Testing (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- The Little Wheels Quilt Project – All Finished!! (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- The Crutch Bag Project – The Edge Binding and Reveal! (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- 16 Patch Double Pinwheel Project – How to figure out the 16 patch size (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)