Mom made a request to see some photos of the finished Nightgown. And I am ever so happy to oblige! Front View: Side View: Back View:Front Band Closeup:Front Lace Closeup:Back Lace Closeup:Back Lace Shoulder Closeup:Lace Hem Closeup: Okay...Hope that covers the bases for the nightgown project. Friends, I AM NOT GOING TO MODEL THIS for… Continue reading Going Back to the Nightgown Project – The Photo Finish
Hi Everyone! I guess I'm not going to have much to say as far as typing goes today! I made another video!!! The nightgown is finished and it turned out really nice! I had to break up the video into 2 in order to post it to Youtube, sorry about that, but here you go,… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 10- The Lace Hem and Reveal!…A Talkie!
Hi Again! This installment of the Nightgown Project is a fun one! I woke up this morning and thought..."Hey, let's make a video!". Yes, I actually said that to myself. I am soooooo not cut out for moving pictures but what the heck. Here is me (trying my best not to laugh or to totally… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 9- Basting the Neck Band to the Yoke and Bodice…A Talkie!
Hi Everyone again! Last night I sewed the Neck Edge of the Neck Band together. It went together very quickly... I first sewed the Back Neck Band Shoulder Seam to the Front Neck Band Shoulder Seam on both sides then sewed around the Neckline Edge right sides together... I pressed the seams, clipped the… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 8- Sewing the Neck Band
Howdy All! I had a chance to work on the nightgown yesterday and one of the things that was bothering me was the Front Band width at Center Front. It looked a little wonky. I knew what the problem most likely was, too much width, just how to go about fixing it? I used a… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 7- Front Band Refining
Hi Everyone Again, I’m now at the point in this project where I need to make a decision for the lace trim that will be sewn along the armscye. I stopped at Hobby Lobby yesterday just to see if they had anything and wouldn’t you know it they did! This is actually a stretch lace that… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 6 – Lace Trim Selection
Hi Everyone! Guess what I decided to use for the lace portion of my project? Yup, the Jessica McClintock dress. I cut it apart and just thought oh what the heck, why not!?! So, I used the skirt portion of the dress to cut out the front and back yoke pieces. There’s tons of lace,… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 5 – Lace
Welcome Back Readers! Last night I snuck away for about an hour, while Jim watched Jamba, and managed to cut out the Front and Back bodice pieces. I am using a Nylon Tricot from Hancock Fabrics for this first sample. I picked this up the other day when I went out in search of some appropriate… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 4, Cutting Fabric
Hi Readers! I just want to say that it was a loooooong night last night and just about the only thing positive to come out of it was that I managed to get the Back pattern pieces finished. Jamba was up just about every hour with the need to go out. I’m just not sure… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 3, The Back Pattern Pieces
Hi Readers! I have been sneaking in the patternmaking on this project in short intervals between puppy naps, walks and work. Yesterday morning I sketched in the style lines and last night I worked out the front pattern pieces. To show you this process, first let me show you what I did to sketch in… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 2, The Front Pattern Pieces