Hi Friends! As I've been working on these 'Back to Square One' blocks I've been writing up this tutorial and paper pattern pieces...so first things first. Here is the pattern: Back to Square One Block r1 This is a combo-pieced pattern using Paper Piecing for the Flying Geese blocks, Paper Foundation Piecing for the String… Continue reading Back To Square One Block Tutorial – Part 1: The Flying Geese Segments
Hi Everyone, In the next few weeks, as I sew from my list of fun new projects (including pants!), I am going to embark on a series of posts that will update two older posts from 2008 called "The Katherine Hepburn Inspired Trouser Pants". Those posts were my first attempt at a tutorial and I… Continue reading The Pants Update – Revisiting the Katherine Hepburn Pant Tutorial
Hi Everyone! I guess I'm not going to have much to say as far as typing goes today! I made another video!!! The nightgown is finished and it turned out really nice! I had to break up the video into 2 in order to post it to Youtube, sorry about that, but here you go,… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 10- The Lace Hem and Reveal!…A Talkie!
Hi Again! This installment of the Nightgown Project is a fun one! I woke up this morning and thought..."Hey, let's make a video!". Yes, I actually said that to myself. I am soooooo not cut out for moving pictures but what the heck. Here is me (trying my best not to laugh or to totally… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 9- Basting the Neck Band to the Yoke and Bodice…A Talkie!
Hi Everyone again! Last night I sewed the Neck Edge of the Neck Band together. It went together very quickly... I first sewed the Back Neck Band Shoulder Seam to the Front Neck Band Shoulder Seam on both sides then sewed around the Neckline Edge right sides together... I pressed the seams, clipped the… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 8- Sewing the Neck Band
Howdy All! I had a chance to work on the nightgown yesterday and one of the things that was bothering me was the Front Band width at Center Front. It looked a little wonky. I knew what the problem most likely was, too much width, just how to go about fixing it? I used a… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 7- Front Band Refining
Hi Everyone Again, I’m now at the point in this project where I need to make a decision for the lace trim that will be sewn along the armscye. I stopped at Hobby Lobby yesterday just to see if they had anything and wouldn’t you know it they did! This is actually a stretch lace that… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 6 – Lace Trim Selection
Hi Everyone! Guess what I decided to use for the lace portion of my project? Yup, the Jessica McClintock dress. I cut it apart and just thought oh what the heck, why not!?! So, I used the skirt portion of the dress to cut out the front and back yoke pieces. There’s tons of lace,… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 5 – Lace
Welcome Back Readers! Last night I snuck away for about an hour, while Jim watched Jamba, and managed to cut out the Front and Back bodice pieces. I am using a Nylon Tricot from Hancock Fabrics for this first sample. I picked this up the other day when I went out in search of some appropriate… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 4, Cutting Fabric
Hi Readers! I just want to say that it was a loooooong night last night and just about the only thing positive to come out of it was that I managed to get the Back pattern pieces finished. Jamba was up just about every hour with the need to go out. I’m just not sure… Continue reading The Nightgown Project – Part 3, The Back Pattern Pieces